CCLC tutors and volunteers are the backbone of the organization. We are always looking for new tutors to meet the literacy needs of Charles County. If you can read, you can become a tutor! If you would like to become a tutor you must:
- Be at least 18 years old and speak fluent English.
- Attend the tutor training workshop and complete ‘homework’ beforehand.
- Make a one year commitment to tutor, and plan to devote two hours per week to prep and tutor.
- Have the desire to help someone you’ve never met, be flexible, reliable, and enthusiastic.
* Due to Covid-19 our tutor training is being revamped and will include two sessions via Zoom and one in-person session. All sessions will be no more than two hours. Stay tuned for details and dates.
Generally, tutor training workshops are held three to four times a year. They are held on a Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 pm with mandatory ‘homework’ to be done beforehand. Pre-registration is required. There is a $30.00 workshop fee that helps defray the cost of all training materials (we can offer a ‘workshop scholarship’ if needed). Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
If you are interested in becoming a tutor, please CONTACT US.